Before their big day, couples can magically create enduring memories with a pre-wedding session. Couples looking for a special and unforgettable pre-wedding picture shoot have a plethora of possibilities in South India because of its varied landscapes and rich cultural past.
In this article, we will explore ten detailed and simple ideas to infuse fun and quirkiness into your South Indian pre-wedding shoot, providing a deeper insight into each concept.
What are some unconventional outfit ideas for a South Indian pre-wedding shoot
- Retro Fusion: Combine traditional South Indian clothing with a touch of retro style for a unique and trendy look.
- Modern Twist on Silk Sarees: Experiment with unconventional blouse designs, vibrant colors, or contemporary draping styles to give a modern edge to the classic silk saree.
- Mix and Match: Play with contrasting colors and patterns by mixing different elements of traditional attire, like pairing a Kanjeevaram skirt with a contrasting crop top.
- Ethnic Jackets and Crop Tops: Opt for embellished ethnic jackets or stylish crop tops to add a modern and chic vibe to your traditional South Indian ensemble.
- Indo-Western Fusion: Blend South Indian elements with Western fashion, such as pairing dhoti pants with a trendy blouse or kurta for a stylish and unconventional pre-wedding look.
9 Fun & Quirky Ideas for South Indian Pre-Wedding Shoot
1. Temple Serenity
Consider iconic temples like Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai or Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur. Capture intimate moments amidst the intricately carved pillars and walls, allowing the spiritual ambiance to become a meaningful backdrop for your love story. For a truly authentic experience, incorporate traditional South Indian attire and accessories. Pose during prayer rituals or candidly amidst the temple courtyards to create a captivating album that beautifully blends cultural richness with personal significance.
2. Coastal Bliss
The coastal regions of South India, such as the beaches of Goa or the pristine shores of Kovalam, offer a romantic setting for a pre-wedding shoot. Consider capturing the golden hues of sunrise or sunset against the rhythmic waves. Experiment with traditional South Indian attires, such as the vibrant sarees and dhotis, against the expansive backdrop of the ocean.
3. Tea Estate Photography
The misty slopes, well-manicured tea bushes, and lush foliage create a surreal scene. Choose clothing in pastel hues that go well with the surrounding scenery. Take pictures of the pair wandering hand in hand or spending some quiet time together on the estate’s paths, perhaps among the rows of tea plants.